This month in her podcast, Lydia answers your questions on film crew attitudes, growing in the business, and breaking into the business, as well as adding her point of view to some questions asked of Shane.
In this month’s Inner Circle podcast, I cover your questions on:
- Techniques for best camera placement
- Best documentary cameras and lighting
- Best ways to operate the camera handheld
- The power of the Leko Light
- Painting with “strokes” of light
- Differences in quality of light from the Kino Flo vs. the Book Light
This month in her first podcast, Lydia answers your questions on work/life balance and talks about her philosophy on making career decisions.
This month’s podcast focuses on your questions around understanding workflows in relation to camera technology.
- Color grading and camera bit depth
- The future of the digital imaging technician (DIT)
- How I use post production lighting and vignettes
- The differences between cinema glass and still lenses for the cinematic look
In this month’s Inner Circle podcast, I answer your questions about:
- How I create flame flicker and the color quality of fire
- Lighting talent near a fire effect
- Differences in wood burning fires vs propane fires
- How to light for small objects, shiny objects and other product shots
- Lighting to bring out a product’s texture and color
- How I create a catch light without changing levels or ratios
- My batten lights and how I use them
In this month’s Inner Circle podcast, I answer your questions about career issues in the industry.
- how and when to move into bigger film markets
- what is the “right” kind of commercial reel to submit to agencies
- how to pick crew members for low budget projects
- how to find crew members when you have limited contacts
- my relationship and working with production designers
- implementing the concepts I taught from the Illumination Tour
In this month’s podcast, I answer some great questions regarding the industry’s attitude and give you first hand advice on how to stay motivated, how to lead and inspire your crew, and making the best out of difficult personalities and situations. Topics include:
- Tips for on set leadership, building trust and confidence
- Breaking incorrect perceptions about your experience or abilities
- What keeps me motivated and why I strive to inspire my crew
- Pushing your comfort zone and challenging yourself
- How I’ve created good working relationships in difficult situations
This month, the Inner Circle podcast covers your questions on:
- How to light for complete darkness
- Blending camera formats seamlessly
- Deconstructing a script for camera emotion
- How to create camera emotions to match your MUSE keywords using depth of field, camera angles, lighting and more.
There was a bit of a glitch with the podcast last week, so I’ve recorded a new one for you. In this podcast, I answer questions on how to shoot film, choosing a film school, budget vs high end lenses, and more.
- Why film school is important and what to look for when choosing one
- How to learn to shoot film if you have never tried it
- My lens rules of engagement
- What monitors are best for on set exposure and color
- Canon CN-E lenses as a first investment
- Budget solutions for choosing lenses